tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <tom...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: apache 2.0.45/tomcat 4.1.24 mod_jk trouble
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:08:27 GMT
Clay,

I think Justin is probably right. I had a lot of trouble with compiling
mod_jk as well as mod_jk2. In fact, I still only use mod_jk-2.0.42
(mod_jk) binary with my RedHat 7.3 setup.

There are some strange things with compiling mod_jk, such as compiling it
always seemed to give drastically different filesizes compared to the
binaries you can download.

If you're interested my installation setup is explained at:
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html
(RH 7.3 Linux + updates/Kernel 2.4.20/jdk1.4.1_01)

I don't know what thread support is like for java in RH8.0 but, do you do
set this environment variable in your tomcat startup script?

export LD_KERNEL_ASSUME="2.2.5"

Oscar