tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Sexton <jsex...@odshp.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1, Standalone, Port 80, Coyote
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:39:56 GMT

On recent linux releases I've seen, "localhost" is defined in the
/etc/hosts file as the loop back address.  Thus apps like Tomcat come up
listening to localhost - the loopback address - only, and refuse
conections from outside the machine.  To fix this, edit the hosts file and
change localhost to be defined as the external address, or tell Tomcat to
listen to a hostname that is defined in /etc/hosts as an external address,
either way.

Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans
jsexton@odshp.com