tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <tom...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1, Standalone, Port 80, Coyote
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:23:46 GMT
RPMs are OK for desktop apps such as Gimp, etc.

But for apps, especially server apps, you'll want tarballs so that you can
get the latest release for security fixes and bug fixes.

I'd hate to install tarballs for the a hundred apps on my linux system,
but I wouldn't mind if they were RPMs.

My 2 cents,
Oscar