tomcat-users mailing list archives

From asou...@lexmark.com
Subject Can't get SSL working on other than localhost
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:02:52 GMT
I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24 and JDK 1.4.1_02 on Windows 2kPro.  Install went
perfectly, I'm using port 80 for regular old HTTP.  I configured SSL per
the
HOWTO and it is currently set for 8443

Here's what I did
1) generated a key  keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore
"c:\Program Files\Tomcat 4.1\.keystore"

2)  uncommented the correct section in server.xml

3)  restarted Tomcat service

4)  This still wouldn't let me connect on 8443 from the localhost in IE.  So I had to add
keystoreFile="c:\Program Files\Tomcat 4.1\.keystore"
under the "Factory" part in the Connector.

Now I can connect localhost (https://localhost:8443) to the web server via
SSL.  However, when I try from any other machine on the network -
https://10.0.0.5:8443 I get a generic "The page cannot be displayed" error.
Is there something else I need to do?