tomcat-users mailing list archives

From carlos.zottm...@stj.gov.br
Subject Full GC freezes Tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:51:10 GMT

Hi!

We recently upgraded a one processor, 256 Mbytes RAM machine, to a 2
processors, 1 Gbytes RAM machine.

The old machine was nicely running Tomcat 4.1.12 with j2sdk-1.4.0 (Xms48M
and Xmx128M), and the new one is running Tomcat 4.1.18 with j2sdk-1.4.1_01
(Xms512M and Xmx512M).

With the new configuration, memory consumption keeps growing (some GCs and
Full GCs are performed, releasing some memory) until it reaches the total
available memory, when even Full GC canĀ“t release enough memory and the
Tomcat server stops responding.

What can be wrong? Should we use jdsdk_3 in order to be able to use the XX
parameters?

Thanks in Advance,
Carlos Zottmann.