tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject Re: App Manager Install Problem - "Solved"?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:40:11 GMT
Hi Lauren,

I frequently use redeploy with AIX 4.3, JDK 1.3.1 and Tomcat 4.1.12 and
don't face any problems.
The only thing recommendable is removing anything related to the context
in server.xml and /webapps/ and then cleanly deploy the app using the
manager app.
Then it will be stored in a path somewhere deep in
/work/Standalone/localhost and not be visible in /webapps. This way you
save yourself any headaches.

I hope this helps,
Johannes

Lauren Commons <lhcommons@yahoo.com>
22.04.2003 14:57
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
App Manager Install Problem - "Solved"?

A couple days ago I posted a problem with the App
Manager, which was failing to properly remove an
application and install an updated war.  The problem:
the old removed application would be reinstalled
instead of the new war.

First of all, this happened on AIX, but not Windows
when I tested there.

Second, the problem occured when the war file was
placed in the webapps directory and installed from
there (the old, removed app was re-installed; the new
war is ignored).  If I put the war file somewhere else
(/home/blah/blah.war, for instance), then the updated
war file IS installed.
Go figure.

If anyone can offer some insight, I would appreciate it!!