tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject RE: partially updating a WAR file using manager app??
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:45:24 GMT
Hi Yoav,

BTW - Let's say portability here is not my primary goal here.

What about extending the manager task so that if there are differences in
the "/web/" folder (i.e. static web content)
to allow to access the /work/ directory directly and put the JSP or
graphic or whatever directly there.
Same would go for classes or libs.

What would you recommend me to do to extend the manager app? Where should
I start?
Can you name me the source files I could look into - and how could I
enhance the manager app while making it still compatible with future
changes?

BTW - I also have some trouble with the JSPC, it doesn't allow for JSPs
with the same name - I already posted here twice but haven't got any
response yet. Maybe you have an idea for this as well?

thx alot
Johannes

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
03.04.2003 15:55
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: partially updating a WAR file using manager app??

Howdy,
By definition, a war file is a complete application.  Even if you could
get around this limitation by somehow finding a way to deploy one JSP
outside the war file, your solution wouldn't be portable.  Just
repackage and redeploy the war.  Both of these tasks should be quick and
easy as they are automated by ant...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics