tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject RE: partially updating a WAR file using manager app??
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:33:06 GMT
Hi Yoav,

I understand this definition, but am not a 100% satisfied with it.
Hmm. Maybe here the J2EE specification of Sun is not sufficient.

Shouldn't there be some way to add templates or graphics or JSPs on the
fly (which are more layout information = view part of the MVC model)?

I'm a bit puzzled because adding a form (JSP) in my my forms application
requires a complete reboot of the application, which takes up to 10
seconds via a remore deploy using ant. That doesn't sound much, but I
cannot afford telling my customer, because they add new JSPs frequently
(5-10 forms a day or so).

So I think there should be an incremental update possibility for WAR
files, maybe someone will pick this up some day :)

thx alot
Johannes

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
03.04.2003 15:55
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: partially updating a WAR file using manager app??

Howdy,
By definition, a war file is a complete application.  Even if you could
get around this limitation by somehow finding a way to deploy one JSP
outside the war file, your solution wouldn't be portable.  Just
repackage and redeploy the war.  Both of these tasks should be quick and
easy as they are automated by ant...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics