tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject JNDI connection pooling maximum connections exceeded - Tracking?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:06:31 GMT
HI there,

I'd like to know what professional developers do when the maximum number
of connection in a connection pool has been reached.
What should be done with requests that don't get a connection?
Should the max connection set to a very high number hoping that the number
of requests served concurrently will be lower? Is it a way to set to -1,
thus no limit is active?

I think no web application wants to print out "maximum number of
connections exceeded. please try again later".
I for myself would prefer to have a debug log or so to track if the number
of concurrent connection has some peaks to at least know what the current
maximum of concurrent connections is.

I wonder why this is not part of the dbcp.commons package. Shouldn't
connection tracking become a part of it?

thx alot
Johannes