tomcat-users mailing list archives

From h...@informatiefabriek.nl
Subject RE: Stream PDF using servlet
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:27:25 GMT
- I don't use an url ending with the extension pdf. Because I use a Struts
action which shows the pdf.
So my url ends with *.do.

- Content Disposition ends with *.pdf. (f.getName() returns an filename
ending with .pdf).

- I set the content type with: response.setContentType("application/pdf");

Al of this works perfectly on Windows and Mac OS X using IE and mozilla.
But, using OS 9 with IE 5, doesn't work.

What realy bothers me is that on all OS's and all browsers downloading an
PDF file from a webserver like apache always works!

Regards,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek

"Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de>
04/24/2003 05:22 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Stream PDF using servlet

There are following recommendations:
- Use an url that ends with the extension pdf
- Use content disposition that ends with the extension pdf
  (does f.getName() return somthing with *.pdf ?)
- Set the content type

In the age of safty belts and airbags I tend to use all
of them and have no trouble with it. (We also don't set
any cache or proxy headers, but that was for a different
reason.)