tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Christian Gagne" <jean-christian.ga...@prasahewitt.ch>
Subject Do I need Apache ?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:52:57 GMT
Hi all,

My question is about web application deployment infrastructure. A common
scenario seems to be Apache+Tomcat. In a previous thread, I found a link
to a message  discussing why Apache
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104441321803644&w=2) .
But the author of the message doesn't like Tomcat and his analysis may be
biaised. What is your opinion ?  Is Tomcat secure/stable enough to use it
without Apache ?  The answer is probably "It depends"...

Our profile: Tomcat 4.x (latest stable release), https, Windows NT,
firewalls, authentication with "Login form", Struts, file uploads, few
static resources (images, css), dynamic document generation (images, pdf,
zip), moderate traffic, maybe single sign-on, ...

Thanks.

Jean-Christian Gagné
PRASA Hewitt - Software engineer
jean-christian.gagne@prasahewitt.ch