tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject Re: Client Authentication using Tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:26:08 GMT
Hi Mark,

I use Windows 2000 Professional and Linux in pre-production and AIX in
production.
I use Apache Tomcat 4.1.24 with JDK 1.4 on Win 2000 and Tomcat 4.1.12 and
JDK 1.3 in pre-production/production, so this is quite mixed, but I hope
it doesn't rely on OS or JDK dependencies.

1.) Can you please send some links to installation instructions how to set
this up and maybe some hints?
It seems there is not yet an official source of information available. I
only got the clientAuth=true from somewhere in this forum.

2.) It seems I only have to set clientAuth=true in server.xml, and add the
users to tomcat-users.xml.
But this seems to be quite tedious, because I have to stop/start tomcat
for adding just one user?
Or is it possible to use an asterisk to allow all certificates from a
certain type?

Do you know more about this?

thx alot
Johannes

"Mark W. Webb" <mark@dolphtech.com>
21.04.2003 21:55
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Client Authentication using Tomcat

I have gotten it all working.  I have used openssl to create all of my
certs.
I compiled openssl, apache, and mod_jk from source to get it all working.

What version of apache ?
Are you using win/unix ?