tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject RE: Switching between releases during runtime
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:49:29 GMT
Hi Filip,

Thx for your idea, opening up a new horizon of options for HA!
However, it seems clustering is still beta in Tomcat 4.x --- have you
found it to work smoothly?

And what happens if you update one member of the cluster with a new app?
Is it possible to first redirect traffic from the IP-addresses of
testing-PCs to the member with the new app and after successful tests
redirect to the new member and update the others step by step?
Do you have any tips for how to update a webapp in a cluster while
guaranteeing consistency of the application interface to the enduser (=
only one version active at a time)?

thx alot
Johannes

"Filip Hanik" <mail@filip.net>
08.04.2003 19:56
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Switching between releases during runtime

the easier way to achieve HA is to cluster your servers,
that way you can take one server down, upgrade it, and then launch it
again
without loosing data
take a look at
http://cvs.apache.org/~fhanik/index.html