tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject RE: tomcat server.xml and deploy
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:37:28 GMT
Hi Shapira,

I use a META-INF/context.xml with quite some applications with Tomcat
4.1.12 and 4.1.18.
However, Tomcat
*) changes the server.xml, renaming the old server.xml to
"server.xml.YYYY-MM-DD.hh-mm-ss".
This leaves plenty of old server.xml files at the conf directory after
some redeployments.
==> is there any way to suppress this?
*) Tomcat also ignores the new way of storing the context.xml into
/webapps/myapp.xml which makes server.xml much easier to read because all
the context configuration is cleanly stored aside.

==> Do you know whether this two shortcomings will get fixed in the nearby
future?
It seems to be quite easy to do, as one would only have to change the
manager app, but I currently don't have the spare time to finger into it
:(

thx alot
Johannes

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
22.04.2003 19:53
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: tomcat server.xml and deploy

Howdy,
It's not supposed to: if you have a context-defining xml file, tomcat
will recognize and use that.  You don't need to put anything in
server.xml, and tomcat won't put anything there either.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics