tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject [PARTIALLY SOLVED] RE: Switching between releases during runtime
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:52:50 GMT
hi yoav,

I added the following tag to GlobalNamingResources:
<Resources
   className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
   allowLinking="true" caseSensitive="false" />

And here are the results:
*) creating a new symlink works after a few seconds;
at /work/Standalone/localhost/.. a directory is created (interestingly not
a symlink), with no additional information added
*) changing the symlink won't be recognized by Tomcat during runtime
*) removing the symlink won't be recognized by Tomcat during runtime

==> only creation of new symlinks gets properly recognized, but a
change/removal of a symlink never finds it's way to the work-directory.

Do you think this is a bug? I think this eliminates any chance of symbolic
links for my versioning problem.

==>
My last resort is to use a separate application which points to the right
version using the docBase. This would minimize downtime as this
application consisting only of context.xml won't take long to redeploy
(should be only 1 sec. or so). So I think this might finally solve my
problem...

thx alot for your ideas!
Johannes