tomcat-users mailing list archives

From david.cros...@intranode.com
Subject WHY groups and roles tables on user and group page have been removed ????
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:06:54 GMT
In Tomcat 4.1.24 Releases notes it is said that groups and roles
have been removed from user and group page, and I wonder really
why ? This can not be a bug fix or an improvement ?

For me the removal of this feature (modifying roles on users at
runtime) is a very bad thing as I rely on it for one of our web
server.

How can I add again this feature ? Will tomcat 4.1.25 be delivered
with groups and roles tables on user and group page ? When will
tomcat 4.1.25 be available ?
May be I can help to put back this feature ?

An extract of the release notes (and I confirm that this has
really be done) :
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
Generic Bug Fixes:
[4.1.21] Administration Webapp:
         Remove groups and roles tables on user and group page.