tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristján Bjarni Guðmundsson <...@hugvit.is>
Subject How to remove http headers?
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:38:05 GMT
I have a servlet that is generating html and gif files and it is protected
with basic authentication.
Tomcat seems to automatically add these header to the response:

Pragma: No-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

This makes sense when you are delivering html since you dont' want to
store the secure
pages in the cache, however for gif files you sometimes want to store
these for all users
even though it is through a secure connection, basically I would like to
have the option of
either removing these headers or stop tomcat from adding them in the first
place.

So how can I do that? There is no removeHeader() function in the servlet
api.