tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Lenz" <ML...@piercemfg.com>
Subject Re: Storing Files
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:14:37 GMT
Thanks for all your replies.  This seems like the best option.  I don't
need to share the PDF's with anything else, but I might in the future.

Mark Lenz
Pierce Manufacturing, Inc.
(920) 832-3523
mlenz@piercemfg.com

John Turner <tomcat-user@johnturner.com>
04/22/2003 02:31 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Storing Files

You can always store them on the filesystem, then write a simple servlet
that, when called, reads the file from the filesystem byte by byte and
spits those bytes out on an output stream to the client, with the
appropriate content type.

Remote applications then only need access to the servlet, not the
filesystem.

John