tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk and jserv
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 05:55:26 GMT
> The jserv protocol (aka Ajp1.2) is heavily deprecated (and has been so for
> at least 18 months :).  I would strongly recommend setting a plan to get
off
> of it.

Been there, done that.  Finishing up migrating JSP pages for various client
sites.

> However, it is currently supported by all currently released
> versions of Tomcat (e.g. 3.3.1/4.0.4/4.1.24).

It wasn't the protocol that was the issue.  It was differences between
Tomcat and GNUJSP.  Those have all been resolved.

And unlike most, I have UNIX sockets working quite nicely with JK2 between
Apache 2 and Tomcat.

	--- Noel