tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Kuhn" <bnk...@hotmail.com>
Subject losing form inputs when session expires...
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:24:35 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using tomcat 4.1.18 (standalone) on W2K.  I currently have a web form
that is submitted to a servlet on my server.  The form and the servlet are
protected using form-based login and j_security_check.  One of the
requirements of the application is that sessions must expire quickly.  The
problem is that users may take a long time to fill out the form and when
they submit it, their session has expired, they are required to log back in.
  When they log back in, they are sent to the submission servlet, but all
the values stored in the (invalidated) session are not passed along.

Is there a way to get around this?  In Mozilla/Netscape, I have been able to
just force a refresh right before the submission.  The users are asked to
log in, they are taken back to the form (values still there) and the form is
submitted right away.  I can't seem to find a way to do the same thing in
IE.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Thanks in advance,
             Brian Kuhn