tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brownlee" <osaru_onl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PHP and Tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:27:08 GMT
Windows is outside my realm of knowledge.but, the two technologies can
co-exist on a Unix host.  By co-exist, I mean you can have apache with both
mod_php and mod_jk.  I'm guessing you would have to be tricky/carefull to
make sure apache sends the requests to the right processors in cases where
the URL paths might collide but, that has not been a problem for us since we
want a server that supports both technologies without necessarily mixing
them in a single web application.  You may get a better response from
someone using windows if you provide more information.  Are you using
apache, IIS, or tomcat's HTTP connector?  Is your PHP a loadable module or
are you using the CGI version?  With tomcat's CGI?  etc.