tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "pa.pinard@laposte.net" <pa.pin...@laposte.net>
Subject Taglib on tomcat 4.1.24
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:41:59 GMT
Thanks for the help, my tag works now but I have another
problem (probably dues to the same bug).
I use a tag for printing table, so one for the table
declaration called "table" some nested ones for the columns
properties called "column".
When a column one is running, it is added to a list of columns
placed into “table” parameters.
But the trouble occurs when there are more than 2 cols. Form
the second col to the last one; the properties are equal to
the last col decelerated.
In the table doStartTag(), I instance the list and the number
of columns (to 0). And the columns tag access to this
parameter by the setColumns(this) method.
For trying to debug it, in this function, I just print the
name of the cols, which will be added, and the name of the
previous col stored in the list.
So the new col name is ok but the previous on is assigned to
the last one every time. So I think is due to the bug
described in the document "Similarly, Iterators and
Enumarations should not be extracted in a setXXX() method.
setXXX() methods are meant to be "idempotent";  write them so
that they can be called multiple times with no side effects
(and, conversely, only once instead of multiple times if the
argument passed is the same)." but I do not have any idea to
fix it.

Thanks again
Cheers
Pierre

> perhaps the new tomcat manager keep to much things in
cache...

Absolutely. Tag instances may be re-used. This means you can
only do setup for your tag at the last minute in doStartTag().

See

http://www.mail-archive.com/taglibs-
dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg00846.html

for more info, explained more articulately.

Cheers, Simon

For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-
help@jakarta.apache.org

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"