tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Darren Wrigley <darren.wrig...@asg.com>
Subject RE: HUGE Data Elements...JSP/Servlets
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:44:31 GMT
One method could be to use a single HashMap or HashTable session variable to
store the 400 fields.
This should be much easier to manager than 400 individual session variables.

Regards

Darren

-----Original Message-----
From: Hari Om [mailto:hari_om@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 12:38 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: HUGE Data Elements...JSP/Servlets

Hello Every1

I am using JSP/Servlets/JDBC on Apache/Tomcat

I have a HUGE Data Entry form (around 400 data fields)

I was initially having  all these 400 fields in one HTML Page but it was not

very user-friendly. SO I am thinking of displaying the data in different
sections. So, now at any instant only one SECTION of dat is displayed. when
the user is done (entrting data) with first section he clicks on to the NEXT

LINK whcih will take him/her to next Section.
It should ALSO SAVE the data ENTERED by user in previous screen.

What is the BEST Possible way to STORE and HOLD this DATA till last section
is displayed....?

I have thought have 2 options - do not know if there is better options than
these:
1) Create SESSION Variables for each of these 400 Variables. (will it be an
issue if I have 400 Session Variable...?)
2)Using JavaScript to store these DATA till last screen is displayed and
user clicks on the SUBMIT Button.

Any related information on this is appreciated.

THANKS!