tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hough, Adriaan" <adriaan.ho...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: tomcat ssl with client cerfiticates - solution
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:47:34 GMT
mark

would there be any specific reason for insisting on the apache web server?
tomcat standalone seems to be sufficient for most of the scenarios that i've
encountered thus far.

regards

adriaan hough

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark W. Webb [mailto:mark@dolphtech.com]
Sent: 16 April 2003 13:32
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat ssl with client cerfiticates - solution

I am working on a mini-HOWTO on tomcat 4.1.24/apache 2.0.45/openssl
0.9.7b that performs client authentication.  I hope to have it posted in
a day or two.  I have tested the HOWTO on RH 8, and Solaris 9.

Note: there is a bug in tomcat 4.1.24 in the JkCoyoteHandler.action
method.  I have a fixed tomcat-jk2.jar file if you are interested.

There seems to be a __ctype_b linking problem with mod_ssl and RH9 I am
trying to figure out.

Hough, Adriaan wrote:

>hi all
>
>yes, i've got tomcat standalone running with ssl and client certificates.
<snip>

Note:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.
Please inform the sender immediately and destroy the original. Siemens
Limited and/or its subsidiaries accepts no liability of whatever nature for
any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from
access to this message and any files or links that are attached hereto.