tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brownlee" <osaru_onl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error building Tomcat on Solaris 8
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:42:03 GMT
I haven't played with Solaris 8 but 2.6 had issues with GNU binutils vs. the
tools in /usr/ccs/bin.  If I recall correctly, you want to have /usr/ccs/bin
in your path before /usr/local/bin when using the sunfreeware.com version of
GCC since it is compiled to use /usr/ccs/bin/ld instead of the GNU ld.

You might also want to look at http://www.openpkg.org/ if you're familiar
with RPMs.  Their current branch includes apache 1.3.27, apache2 2.0.45, and
tomcat 4.1.24.  I have not tried them myself but, the older OpenPKG worked
well for me on a test system and provided what I felt was a more manageable
development environment than the sunfreeware tools.  Just in case you go
down the "built it from source" path.