tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sergei Ostavnenko" <k...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Different Content Type returned by Tomcat 4.1 and Tomcat 4.0. Please Help!
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 19:54:36 GMT
I actually agree with the statement that the content type should not be
modified by default.
But the problem is that the new version of Tomcat (v4.1.18 or v4.1.24) does
assign "text/plain" content type to the response that is coming from a
servlet unless it was explicitly assigned within the servlet.

I think the change happened when Tomcat switched from HTTP/1.1 connector to
Coyote.  As I said before, Tomcat 4.0.2 (and prior) doesn't supply any
content type if none was explicitly specified, and Tomcat 4.1.18 (and later,
I didn't test versions in between) sets it to "text/plain".

Is it a bug?