tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brett Neumeier <brett.neume...@ualloyalty.com>
Subject RE: Need help with JK2 & sticky sessions...
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:46:18 GMT
> Unfortunatelly, things don't seem to work all that well. But based on
> your info, I think I know why: there is a bug in the code (probably
> JK2). I think the jvmRoute cannot contain dots ("."). As soon as I
> changed from: node1.mydomain.com to node1 (both in the jvmRoute, and
> the tomcatId and the channel definition), things started to work!
>
> Thank you so much. Do you wish for me to report this bug? Can you test
> to see if you have the same problem?

It seems to me that this is a very minor problem -- there's no real need to
have long or complex tomcatId/jvmRoute values that I can see.  I think the
best fix would be to correct the documentation so that it clarifies how
server affinity is implemented and specifies that the value cannot contain
dots.

Cheers,

bn