tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Pyne" <Morgan.P...@eur.sas.com>
Subject RE: Installs/deploys to... why?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:53:37 GMT
When we use Ant to "deploy" via the manager, the WAR file gets uploaded to:

{TOMCAT_HOME}/work/_/{VIRTUAL_HOST_NAME}/tomcat4_manager/

By default, our Tomcat is set not to expand war files, so only the actual WAR
archive gets put in there.

Once we actually access the servlet, the files are extracted into:

{TOMCAT_HOME}/work/_/{VIRTUAL_HOST_NAME}/{SERVLET_CONTEXT}/

As was already pointed out, "deploying" and "installing" are different
operations and do different things, so if you clarify what you are doing
we might be able to help a little more.

Hope this is useful,
Regards,
Morgan