tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jianqing Cao" <jia...@hotmail.com>
Subject Can not shotdown Tomcat server 4.1.24
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 01:39:13 GMT

To whom it may concern,

I have successfully downloaded and installed Tomcat4.1.24 version to my
Window 2000 machine.Whenever I start up my machine it will start up
automatically.
I, however,  could not shutdown it by either clicking on the "Stop Tomcat"
manu or typing command "shutdown" under %CATALINA_HOME%\bin diectory but get
the error information as following:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\jdk1.3.1_07
Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:350)
       at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:137)
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:124)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:581)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:402)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
.

I using JDK1.3.1_07 version and add all jaxp-1.2.2 jar files to my
LOCALCLASSPATH
environment variable. Please tell me why?

Thanks,

JC