tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Srivatsa G.V" <srivatsa.go...@alopa.com>
Subject Problem in Migration from tomcat 3.2 to 4.1.24
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:46:01 GMT
Hi,

	After migrating to Tomcat 4.1.24, I am getting numbers. characters (may be hex) on the html
output pages that are generated out of Jsp in between the html content. As a result the page
layout and elements are disturbed.  I thought this might be some encoding problem and tried
setting the 'javaEncoding' param for org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet in <tomcat>/conf/web.xml
file as below.

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
            <param-value>WARNING</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>javaEncoding</param-name>
            <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
No use. Later tried with encoding as ISO-8859-1. Still didn't work.

Any idea/suggestion?

Thanks,
Srivatsa