tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Smith <matt...@invisiblesun.net>
Subject Tomcat Admin 'Invalid Direct Reference' error
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:16:26 GMT
Hi folks.  I just installed Tomcat (4.1.24-LE-jdk14) on mac os x
(10.2.5)

I modified my tomacat-users.xml (See end of email) file to enable the
Tomcat Administration webapp by adding a user with role admin and I get
the following error:

<snip>
HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page
type Status report
message Invalid direct reference to form login page
description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page).
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24-LE-jdk14
</snip>

This only happens with a valid user and password.  If the username
and/or password is incorrect I get the standard invalid username
password page.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.

#tomcat-users.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
   <role rolename="tomcat"/>
   <role rolename="role1"/>
   <role rolename="admin"/>
   <user username="matthew" password="[realpsswdrmvd]" roles="admin"/>
   <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
   <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
   <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
</tomcat-users>