tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Mattox" <michael.mat...@verideon.com>
Subject Using JMX with Tomcat - registering my MBean
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:03:54 GMT
I've looked at the same code included in the O'Reilly JMX book but it's not
a big help because it doesn't give any examples in a servlet container.
I've also looked at the SUN RI but it's the same problem.  I have a plain
old java object that is in my service layer.  My Actions call it and it
persists objects.  I'm now trying to turn my service into an MBean, but I
can't seem to register it with the server.  I'm not even sure where this
code should go when running in a servlet container.

If anyone has an example of how to create, register, & use an MBean inside
Tomcat I'd be forever grateful.  I've searched the mailing list archives and
Google and haven't found any examples.

Thanks,
Michael