tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sonya Ling <sonya.l...@kirus.com>
Subject HELP:Tagpool sharing problems
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:27:14 GMT
I have a couple of tags that use the same tag class with different
attributeValueName like the followings.

<lists:operationalAttributeValueList listName="conditionSelectBox"
allowNull="true" activeStatus="1" attributeValueName="CONDITION" />
<lists:operationalAttributeValueList listName="curencySelectBox"
allowNull="true" activeStatus="1" attributeValueName="CURRENCY" />

Those tags supposed to populate lists of values based upon
attributeValueName.
It turns out all tags using the same tage class are populated with exact the
same list : currency list (the last tag).   I checked the java code
generated and found out all those tag objects share one
TagHandlerPool and using the same tag class to retrieve the object, set
value again, again like the following.

private org.apache.jasper.runtime.TagHandlerPool
_jspx_tagPool_lists_operationalAttributeValueList_tabIndex_onFocus_onChange_
listName_attributeValueName_allowNull_activeStatus;
_jspx_tagPool_lists_operationalAttributeValueList_tabIndex_onFocus_onChange_
listName_attributeValueName_allowNull_activeStatus.get(com.kirus.ses.ui.html
.tagext.lists.OperationalAttributeValueList.class);

_jspx_tagPool_lists_operationalAttributeValueList_tabIndex_onFocus_onChange_
listName_attributeValueName_allowNull_activeStatus.reuse(_jspx_th_lists_oper
ationalAttributeValueList_0);

Is any way that I can choose not to use tag pool or any way to workaround
this problem.  I don't want to create one tag class for each attribute.

Thanks.
Sonya