tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivasu Gandu <>
Subject RE: [OFF-TOPIC] RE: NumberFormatException
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:29:25 GMT
I will.. sorry about that..

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav []
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 4:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: [OFF-TOPIC] RE: NumberFormatException

Please mark non-tomcat-related questions as OFF-TOPIC in the subject, if
you choose to post them to this list at all.

>When I try to convert a string into int why do I get this exception...
>java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
>My class contains
>import java.util.*
>I tried    int empid = Integer.parseInt(empidstr); and int empid =
>Integer.valueOf(empidstr).intvalue(); In both ways I am getting this

Most likely because empidstr is null or "".  Print out the string before
you try to format it to see its value.

In the future, please place questions like these in a general java
forum, e.g. group on, jGuru, or
somewhere else.  Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics