tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shanta B <B.Sha...@siemens.com>
Subject send RedirectProblem
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:44:22 GMT
Hi
  I am facing some pecular problem at my client side.I have a servlet
which is making redirecting to other servlet(named download
servlet).This redirect occurs when you are downloading  any file from
server .

This is the sample  servlet call to download servlet.This code is
working at ourside,but it is not working at our client.We are getting
304 error.We are using servlet2.3 and tomcat4.1.18 servlet container.

try {
 s.atPut("toDownload", messageToDownload);
 String shref = s.attachSessidToUrl("Download?contentType="
        + contentType+"&fileName="+fileName);
 rsp.setHeader("asdasd", "asdasdasdasdasdasd");
 rsp.sendRedirect(shref);
 s.logDebug(getClass(),"...redirected");
    }
catch (Exception e)
{
        rsp.setContentType("text/html; charset=iso-8859-1");
        showError(e.getMessage());
    }

Its not throwing any error ,but still i can see (),"...redirected in
my catalina.out ...Can any body has some idea.I would like to know
that is there
any port conflicts at serverside. Client is using https communication.....

Thanks in Advance
Shanta.B