tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Priest <Robert.Pri...@bentley.com>
Subject RE: Jasper Error wrong version of Object.class (48.0 , should be 47.0)
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 20:09:38 GMT

Thanks to all those that helped.

Seems as though I had two problems with my jsp file.

1. I had older\mismatch versions of tools.jar in my installation which
prevented my jsp from compiling.

(This second part has more to do with the commons-fileupload project. Read
on if you are interested.

2. My jsp page, which uploads a file using the commons-fileupload project
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/), uses commons-beanutils.jar.
That jar was placed in the webapps lib dir (webapps\uploadfile\WEB-INF\lib).
But there was some sort of conflict with my log4j-1.2.3.jar in my common\lib
directory. For some reason, I would get a generic ServletException (without
any info) when trying to upload the file.

To get around this, I had to move the common-beanutils.jar to the
\common\lib dir.
It seems as though something in log4j-1.2.3.jar was stepping on something in
the commons-beanutils.jar

I have not, as of yet, found out exactly what that is. But from a little
investigation, I have found that the error "occurs", when the folllowing
lines of code are executed in the org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload
file  (in method: protected Method getNewInstanceMethod()):

Method newInstanceMethod = MethodUtils.getAccessibleMethod(
                fileItemClass, "newInstance", parameterTypes);

If anyone attempting to use the fileupload project has seen anything
similar, I would be interested if you have found out anything more that I
currently have.