tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Euan Guttridge <EGuttri...@buildonline.com>
Subject RE: Problem manifest freezes tomcat
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:12:01 GMT
OK it looks like tomcat is stalling while trying to *download* the
referenced jars (from the *-Implementation-URL) strings in the manifest. I
need to re-address the question to Maven mailing list as to why these are in
the manifest in the first place.

Ref: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/extensions/versioning.html

Thanks
Euan

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 16 April 2003 13:20
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Problem manifest freezes tomcat

Howdy,
Are there any tools that validate a manifest for you?  Can you load the same
jar with the bad manifest into any other app servers?

I don't think tomcat itself does anything special with jars, just the normal
java.util.JarFile type handling.  You said it hangs, but it looks like
there's a Lifecycle exception coming up, which is different and much better
than hanging.

Do things improve if you put in a real implementation vendor ID?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

sender.  Thank you.