tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kundrot, Steven" <Steven.Kund...@parexel.com>
Subject JkCoyoteHandler, JK2 and request.getHeader("User-Agent")
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:18:08 GMT
Ran into a problem with the new Jk handler class.

I have the following connector setup:

             acceptCount="10"
             address="<MY_ADDRESS>"
             connectionTimeout="60000"
             debug="0"
             enableLookups="true"
             maxProcessors="75"
             minProcessors="5"
             port="<MY_PORT>"
             protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
             redirectPort="8443"
             useURIValidationHack="false"/>

Everything was working well with Apache 2.0.44 (Linux 7.2) on the front end
and v2.0.1 of the JK2 connector.  However, we ran into problems when calling
request.getHeader("User-Agent") within a servlet.  Instead of receiving a
"User-Agent" string, we received random bits of HTML.  Has anyone else seen
this problem?  Why is the request that the Coyote connector creates not
handling the headers correctly?

Our current work around is to use the slightly older Ajp13 connector class:

             acceptCount="10"
             address="<MY_ADDRESS>"
             connectionTimeout="60000"
             enableLookups="true"
             port="<MY_PORT>"
             minProcessors="5"
             maxProcessors="75"
             debug="0"/>

Have others seen this problem?  Has a bug been logged?

Thanks,
Steve

Steven Kundrot