tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Moved classes to Common Dir
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:40:33 GMT

Howdy,

>the classes I moved to common/classes are my own framework .. the
classes
>that remain in the webapp/web-inf dir are specific to the webApp.
There is

Why not keep them together?  Maybe separate jars if you'd like, but keep
them in the same classloader repository, i.e. /WEB-INF/lib.

>The error I recieve occurs when I run my initialization class.  Its
trying
>to read my config.xml file at it throws this error:
>
>"java.lang.NullPointerException"

Maybe it couldn't find your configuration file?  If you're getting a URL
or an InputStream to it, make sure to check those are not null before
doing properties.load() or whatever you do to read the file.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics