tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: servlet problem
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:42:33 GMT

Howdy,
I have no idea what the original problem was, but I wanted to point out
one thing and ask another:

>	   String
>redirectURL=req.getScheme()+"://"+req.getServerName()+req.getContextPat
h())

What if the server is not running on port 80? ;)

>           String shref = s.attachSessidToUrl("Download?contentType="

What object is s?  Is it just some utility class?

>Here my question is that ,why Download servlet is not identified with
>absolute path( i also tried rsp.sendRedirect("/"+shref) ,this also

One needs a lot more information to answer the above question.  The "/"
is a path starting at your server's root, so shref must contain the
context path within in.

>We are using servlet2.3 and tomcat4.1.18 servlet container.I would like
>know that is there any configuration in apache to restrict
servletRedirect
>or it is tomcat bug???.

Apache can be configured to disallow some redirects, yes, based on the
response code (likely 302) and URL contents.  I highly doubt there's a
bug in tomcat redirection, but I like to be proven wrong ;)

You can enable the AccessLogValve to see exactly what URLs are being
requested, including the redirects, and the server's response to these
requests.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics