tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Full GC freezes Tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:04:32 GMT

Howdy,

>      Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I run a profiler?  We are
>running with PrintTenuringDistribution, and, because of its output, I have
>changed the young generation size do 128M (Xmn128M), but it didnĀ“t solve
>the problem.

The instructions that come with the profiler explain how to do this.  Popular profilers include
OptimizeIt and JProbe.

>      By the way, we have downloaded JRockit in order to evaluate it, but
>the License Agreement says that it is not free..... Do you know any other
>free implementation of the Java VM?

Oh well, no big loss there without JRockit.  You can get the IBM one at http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/index.html
but starting with Sun JDK 1.4.1 I've found no significant differences for my webapps.  Your
mileage WILL vary.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics