tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Full GC freezes Tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:25:38 GMT

Howdy,
If you move to JRockit, be careful of the many annoying migration pointers when moving to
JRockit, not to mention its increased memory usage.  See
http://edocs.bea.com/wljrockit/docs81/portblty/codeprac.html
for example.

I think this one is my favorite:
"On WebLogic JRockit, the current default implementation of hashCode returns ... This implementation
is not particularly useful for hashing; therefore, derived classes should override hashCode()."

A solid piece of engineering there, huh? ;)  I know, I know, every piece of software has its
weak points, but the above makes me laugh every time I read it ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics