tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject [OFF-TOPIC] RE: NumberFormatException
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:21:23 GMT

Howdy,
Please mark non-tomcat-related questions as OFF-TOPIC in the subject, if
you choose to post them to this list at all.

>When I try to convert a string into int why do I get this exception...
>java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
>My class contains
>import java.util.*
>I tried    int empid = Integer.parseInt(empidstr); and int empid =
>Integer.valueOf(empidstr).intvalue(); In both ways I am getting this
error.

Most likely because empidstr is null or "".  Print out the string before
you try to format it to see its value.

In the future, please place questions like these in a general java
forum, e.g. comp.lang.java.help group on groups.google.com, jGuru, or
somewhere else.  Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics