tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1, Standalone, Port 80, Coyote
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:18:05 GMT

Howdy,

>Tarballs vs. RPMs are a matter of preference just like apache vs tomcat
>standalone.

I would say it's a bit more than just preference, as there can be
overriding technical reasons for either configuration.

>Since I tend to like to hack up apache and tomcat, I tend to use
tarballs

That's ironic: I like tarballs and tomcat-standalone ;)

>In the end, just figure out which one makes your life less difficult

I agree, and would thus argue for the tarball/zip, not RPM, as the
former is more standard for this (tomcat) product.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics