tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1, Standalone, Port 80, Coyote
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:38:59 GMT

Howdy,
On unix, only the superuser and other privileged accounts can open
server sockets on ports numbered less than 1024.  Windoze doesn't have
this security feature by default.  Either run on a >1024 port, run as
super user, for find another alternative (e.g. use apache front-end, as
apache supports better run-as directives).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

connectionTimeout="20000"
>useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" />  However, I
>tried to recreate this setup on Redhat 8.0.  When I try to access
>http://localhost/foo, I receive a "connection refused message".  I did
not
>get this before on the linux machine when I had the port set to 8080
(and I
>accessed http://localhost:8080/foo).  I noticed that once I had the
port
>set to 80, and tried to start tomcat, that there were error messages in
the
>catalina.out log file.  Basically the er!
> ror stated "SEVERE: Error Initializing endpoint.
java.net.BindException: