tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.24, Coyote HTTP1.1, Compression............ 'FIXME'
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:28:04 GMT

Howdy,

Try AIMS: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&r=1&w=2

>Anyway, my problem with Tomcat is;   If I switch on compression in the
>Coyote HTTP1.1 connector (with all other params as per the base/sample
>server.xml) I don't appear to be able to actually load any page larger

This is not good.  Have you tried it with debug="99" on the connector
and looked at the tomcat logs?  If not, can you please try that and post
the logs?

Another thing to try is up the compression threshold from 2048 to say
10k and see what happens.  Although that'll just delay the problem, not
fix it, as the server won't compress pages lower than the threshold,
which I think is 2k by default.

By the way, you're sure your user-agent supports GZIP-encoded responses?
The compression filter checks for this, but I still want to make sure.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics