tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: newbie tomcat-4.1.24 deployment
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:17:25 GMT

Howdy,

>solved by adding to web.xml:
>
>  <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>

Or:
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>HelloWorldExampleServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>HelloWorldExample</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>HelloWorldExampleServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/HelloWorldExample</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Which one do you like better?

Personally, I like mine better ;)  For two reasons:

- There's a very good reason the invoker servlet is disabled by default
in tomcat 4.1.18 and later.  I don't want to re-enable it.

- I don't want to have a servlet-mapping in one web.xml for a servlet
defined in another web.xml.  This is a container-specific feature, not
part of the spec.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics