tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Heap_Size Help
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:52:21 GMT

Howdy,

>I am running Tomcat V4.0.6 on Windows 2000. I am having a memory
problem
>with the heap that tomcat is configured for. I have searched the web
for
>info, but I am not finding anything useful. Does anyone know how this
is
>done?

See the other person's message regarding running as a windows service.
See the full VM options page here:
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/VMOptions.html

Needless to say, the above options work on both unix and windows.  You
can specify both as JAVA_OPTS in $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh.

>bash>export TOMCAT_OPTS=${TOMCAT_OPTS}" -Xmx512m -Xss64k"

Make sure to NOT use -Xss unless you need it.  Messing with the stack
size can lead to unpredictable failures.

There is ample information about this in this list's archives, available
at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&r=1&w=2

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics