tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [OFF-TOPIC] RE: RequestDispatcher include() Problem
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:47:58 GMT

Howdy,

>  case 3:
>
>    url = "/servlet/Report3";
>    rd = context.getRequestDispatcher(url);
>    rd.forward(request, response);
>    break;
>
>How would I incoporate the items that you have just given me in this
>system. Would they go before the switch statement (header), and after
the
>statement terminates (footer)?

Combining include and forward is tricky.  It would be easier if each of
your report servlets included the code in my previous message.  This is
because designing an implementation that relies on keeping control of
the response AFTER calling rd.forward is not conceptually clean and
could result in unexpected behavior.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics