tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Directory Listing Address
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:00:23 GMT

Howdy,

>Is it possible to disable the directory listing in tomcat 4.1.18 ?

These are two different things ;)  The one above is controlled via an init-param to the default
servlet in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml.  Set the param-value to false.

>So the users can't see the full path in their address bar !

What they see in the address bar is the URL.  This you control with servlet-mappings in your
web.xml and with the way you organize your webapp's files.  Users can't see anything under
the WEB-INF directory directly.

If you post an example along with your desired results, we might be able to help more precisely
;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics